The Hearing will take place in the Civic Offices, conference room 1, on 6th April 2022 from 10.30 to approximately 1500 with a break for lunch.
The hearing will be focusing upon the following points:
- Clarity around designations shown on the “Green Space Map”, including an alternative to designating land in private ownership to be ‘publicly accessible’, which is not a land-use issue. The shading should show LGS clearly and separately together with a boundary of each LGS designation. A further designation of ‘Open Green Space’ could also be included for sites not designated as LGS.
- LGS 1: The inclusion or not of the adjacent wooded area currently designated as ‘Proposed publicly accessible open space’.
- LGS 2: The inclusion or not of the adjacent wooded area currently designated as ‘Proposed publicly accessible open space’.
- LGS 3: How the proposed compromise with designation as open space but with the possibility of future development for hospital use may be made within permitted policy limits such as the NPPF paras 101-103.
- LGS8: Designation of part of this site as suitable for future development, however caveated is not compatible with LGS designation. The development site could be removed from the LGS8 designation or the development proposal removed, and potentially left as ‘open space’ designation in a similar way to LGS3?
- The addition of Milton Locks Nature Reserve as an LGS. A brief description of the ecological value of the Locks, and other attributes justifying designation as a LGS would be useful to see at or before the Hearing.
The floor will not be open to any other topics and people can only speak if invited by the examiner.
The following have been invited; NHS (both Solent Trust and, property services), Homes England, Portsmouth University, and the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust.
Those who responded to reg 16 have also been informed but to attend to view only rather than to speak.
Members of the public are able to attend to observe, invitation to speak will be only at the discretion of the examiner. If you would like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can manage numbers.